Job Location : Harrisburg, PA
Pay range : $30.68/hr
Responsibilities of 811 Compliance Officer:
- 811 Compliance Officer (811CO) will conduct quality control reviews and site visits, as assigned, to ensure compliance with all applicable HUD rules and regulations and CLIENT rules policies and procedures.
- The 811CO will work with a variety of Agency staff, the Agency’s partners, HUD and the property’s Owner/Agent to ensure accuracy and compliance with all applicable rules and regulations.
Requirements of 811 Compliance Officer:
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Section 811 PRA program, including but not limited to, HUD rules and regulations, CLIENT’s grantee responsibilities, and DHS’ partner responsibilities.
- Conduct site visits for assigned properties following established policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable rules and regulations.
- Conduct move-in file audits for assigned properties following established policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable rules and regulations
- Work with the Technical Services division to track physical inspections until the inspection is closed. Ensure all applicable documents are indexed to Contract Administrations designated document management system.
- Work with the Legal division to track Use Agreements until they are successfully filed with the applicable county.
- Request annual use agreement certifications, track receipt of the certification and follow-up with owners until the certification is received, monitor use agreement certification work plans for compliance until all issues are resolved.
- Participate on panels and other public speaking opportunities, as requested.
- Work with the Section 811 Program Administrator to develop tracking of Indication to Participate submissions related to Development QAP rounds.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required by the Manager of Contract Administration and Section 811 Program Administrator.
- Provide requested documents to CLIENT’s internal and external auditor and answer any questions.
- Assist in training and development of new 811 PRA staff.
- Provide back-up as needed to the Contract Administration Compliance Officer.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing and able to travel, as assigned, including occasional overnight stays
- Attend meetings with 811 PRA partners, HUD and other organizations as requested by the Manager of Contract Administration or Section 811 Program Administrator
- Complete any special assignments as requested by the Director of Housing Management, Manager of Contract Administration or Section 811 Program Administrator.
Job Requirements of the 811 Compliance Officer :
- College graduate with a degree from an accredited academic institution. Five years work experience with the management of HUD subsidized multifamily housing developments may be substituted
- Must be thoroughly knowledgeable of all applicable HUD regulations, policies and procedures and have earned the Assisted Housing Manager (AHM), or equivalent certification.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers. Must have strong customer service skills and handle customer complaints and inquires in a courteous and professional manner.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook), database programs, web browsers and basic office machinery. Experience with AS/400 desirable. Must possess the ability and willingness to learn new systems.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Must be detail oriented and have strong analytical skills. Must possess excellent organizational skills, the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and have the ability to manage multiple priorities to meet productivity requirement
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Must have a professional manner, project a positive image and work well with people.
- Must have the ability to recognize problem situations and provide solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of all information gathered on behalf of the Agency and/or its partners, which is not otherwise available to the general public.
- Willingness and ability to travel, including overnight.
Working Conditions of the 811 Compliance Officer :
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
- This position is located in and works from CLIENT’s Harrisburg office.
- CLIENT has a hybrid work environment. Specific remote and in-office work schedules will be determined by the direct supervisor.
Submit your application now and join our team! Apply now!