Job Location : Mechanicsburg, PA
Pay range : $70k-$105k/yeraly (DOE)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The senior system/network administrator installs, maintains, and troubleshoots FCU computers, networks, and related resources; responds to user requests; and takes care of day-to-day computing needs. The senior systems/network administrator also adds and removes users from systems; addresses printer and peripherals problems; works with anti-virus, backup and patch management software; installs and maintains computer, server, and network hardware; runs tasks on servers both on demand as needed, and using system automation tools; creates and maintains system automation tasks; monitors and reports on system and network performance to management and Board; and performs project management for IT-specific projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Software installation, maintenance, and upgrades
- Network installation, maintenance, and upgrades, including LAN, WAN, and SD-WAN
- Hardware installation, maintenance, and upgrades
- Project management for new or upgraded systems
- Research and troubleshooting of issues
- Routine administration and maintenance of servers, workstations, networks, and system users
- Working with vendors to scope and install new projects, and to troubleshoot problems with existing systems
- Staff training and support, including end users and more junior level systems administrators
- Network documentation
- Maintaining security of systems
- Maintaining member confidentiality
- Responsible to understand, monitor, and report activity associated with department business objectives to assist the Credit Union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act
- Performing all responsibilities in an extremely professional manner, setting the highest possible image for the FCU.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Attending meetings and training sessions as required.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the CIO.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus five or more years IT experience with servers, PC hardware, local and wide area networks, and peripheral equipment.
- Demonstrated experience with OS’s including Windows, Linux, and Unix.
- Demonstrated experience with LAN, WAN, and SD-WAN networking.
- Experience with the following: Information Security; Microsoft active directory and group policy; Virtual machine management; SAN administration; Corporate firewall;
- Ability to produce and maintain documentation for systems and procedures.
- Experience working with staff and management.
- Experience working with vendors.
- Ability to train staff on Windows OS and Office software.
- Experience in hardware and software upgrades.
- Ability to document processes and procedures to comply with regulations.
- Three years or more experience with Windows, IBM, and Linux servers.
- Experience with the following: Enterprise backup; Unix shell scripting; Risk management/Risk assessments; Disaster recovery; SMA OpCon or similar system automation platform; Microsoft SharePoint; ConnectWise Automate or similar platform for system patching and management; VoIP phone system; Symitar programming.
- Knowledge of Business Continuity Planning from the I.T. perspective.
- Experience with vendor management and due diligence.
- Ability to train staff on Windows applications.
- Knowledge of core software and ancillary products
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer or other industry certification
Job requires physical effort and creates moderate to heavy stress during certain periods. Job does not have specific volume and pace of work standards except that the job includes specific deadlines. Job requires extensive contact with managers, employees, outside companies and vendors on a continual basis. This work requires the following physical activities: climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. The work is performed primarily indoors.
Submit your application now and join our team! Apply now!