Job Title : Occupational Safety and Health Specialist
Job Location : Harrisburg, PA
Pay range : $55000.00/year
This Occupational Health and Safety Specialist position is based out of Harrisburg, PA, and includes 2-3 days a week either in an office in Harrisburg, PA, or at worksite visits throughout various worksites across the Commonwealth, while the remaining 2-3 days a week would be telework.
Partner with Commonwealth of Pennsylvania agencies to ensure safety program compliance and perform various duties to reduce workplace injuries.
This position is for the Conservation and Environmental Delivery Center and includes the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, Department of Environmental Protection, Department of Agriculture, Milk Marketing Board, and the Environmental Hearing Board.
Required Skills and Experience:
- B.S. Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or a related field
- B.S. in any field and a PA L&I BWC AIPP Qualification
- Have a minimum of 5 years of occupational safety experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Strong risk assessment, audit, verbal, and written communication skills
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Manage two safety onsite professionals; one on the eastern side of the Commonwealth and one on the western side and ensure they are meeting agency needs by effectively leading the team and coaching staff as needed.
- Plan and organize service requests to meet target dates and production goals. Utilize agency action plans to set dates, determine responsibilities, and track completion, if applicable.
- Develop and deliver health and safety training. Take existing training materials or develop new materials, as needed, and deliver effective training to agency personnel in-person or via webinar as dictated by agency needs.
- Conduct assessments and audits in accordance with Accident and Illness Prevention Program (AIPP) and agency policies including hazard identification inspections, incident investigations and agency AIPP reviews, as needed or required by the agency.
- Analyze data and prepare technical reports and give recommendations. Prepare reports according to agencies’ needs and request to analyze injury data and trends and assist with trend identification, corrective actions, and implementation.
- Provide support for injury/illness prevention, safety, industrial hygiene, and AIPP compliance. Work with the agency safety coordinator or designee to ensure the agency AIPP is complete, reviewed annually, and updated as needed.
- Work independently to provide on-site health and safety support. Be able to perform technical research and transfer knowledge to agency safety coordinators and employees in reports, email, or verbally.
- Work in a collaborative team environment with the flexibility to adapt to client needs. Understand client’s needs and build relationships through excellent customer service and follow-up skills.
- Understand agency personnel needs at all levels of employees and management to build relationships and assist with moving safety forward and building a strong safety culture.
- Some travel up to 30%, including periodic overnight travel.
Submit your application now and join our team! Apply now!