Job Location : Harrisburg, PA
Pay range : $55.00/hr
A vibrant nonprofit community foundation is seeking a collaborative, conscientious Finance Director, to join their team! This innovative, team oriented, donor centric, nonprofit charitable organization is dedicated to supporting the stability of the community and improving quality of life including social, cultural, educational needs and more. Mon-Fri, After Training Hybrid schedule, 55K-70K DOE. Job Overview: The Finance Director will work closely with the Executive Director, Finance and Executive Committees, and Board of Directors, to oversee the financial resources that support the organization’s mission and goals. The Nonprofit Finance Director is responsible for managing the financial operations of the organization and maintaining the organization’s financial records in good order including its compliance with state and federal laws and regulations and accounting principles as they relate to nonprofits, to ensure the organization’s sustainability, growth and financial health. The Finance Director will oversee all financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, and compliance requirements.
- Manage and oversee all financial operations, including accounting, budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial records, including the general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and other financial systems
- Work with the organization’s PEO to ensure that all employee PTO, payroll, and other such records are maintained accurately
- Prepare and present financial reports to the Executive Director, Finance Committee and Board of Directors, providing analysis and recommendations as needed
- Ensure compliance with all financial reporting and regulatory requirements, including tax filings, audits, and other reporting requirements
- Manage external relationships with investment advisors, banks, auditors, and other financial service providers
- Provide customer service and technical support to individual and organizational Fund holders/advisors
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Develop and oversee the annual budgeting process, working closely with the Executive Director, Finance and Executive Committees, to develop realistic and achievable budget
- Monitor actual performance against budget and provide regular updates and analysis to the Executive Director, Finance Committee, Executive Committee and Board of Directors
- Develop and maintain financial forecasting models that support long-term financial planning, growth and decision-making
Specific Routine Responsibilities of Finance Director
- Process donations, payments, vouchers, and grants.
- Bank and investment reconciliation.
- Process annual fund distributions.
- Calculate and assess admin fees, update investment worksheet monthly.
- Prepare quarterly fund statements for fund holders.
- Prepare and enter journal entries.
- Investment pool rebalancing.
- Oversee external vendors, investment partnerships, and contracts.
- Provide customer service and technical support to Fund holders/advisors
- Maintain an organized system of paper and electronic recordkeeping.
- Analyze and present financial reports accurately and timely to the Executive Director, Finance and Investment Committees, and Board of Directors.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and Finance committee, and assess necessary changes.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and procedures.
- Support other employees assisting in updating and maintaining the integrated Accounting/CRM systems.
- Cross train and provide technical assistance to Finance Department team members and other employees.
- Stay up to date with in-house current technology.
Strategic Planning and Leadership
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Foundation leadership, to develop and implement strategic plans and goals that support the organization’s financial needs
- Support the work of the Finance Committee, collaborating with its Chair and members to provide strategic financial guidance and support
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the Finance team, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and professional development
Board Relations and Reporting
- Report on the financial performance of the organization to the Executive Director, Finance Committee, Executive Committee and Board of Directors, including regular updates on budget performance, forecasts, and financial risks and opportunities
- Collaborate with them to develop and implement financial policies and procedures that align with the organization’s values and strategic goals
- Represent the organization at internal and external events and meetings, providing financial guidance and support as needed
Tax Filing and Compliance
- Oversee all tax filings and compliance requirements, ensuring that the organization is in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations
- Manage relationships with external auditors and other financial service providers to ensure compliance with all reporting and regulatory requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; MBA or CPA strongly preferred – or significant related experience
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in financial management, with at least a majority of those years in a nonprofit organization strongly preferred – or significant related experience
- Proven track record of successful financial management, including experience developing and implementing financial strategies, managing budgets, and overseeing financial reporting and compliance
- Strong leadership and management skills, with experience building and leading high-finance and/or other teams
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate financial information to non-financial and other stakeholders, allied organizations, auditors, investment advisors, related organizations and professionals, and organizational leadership
- Passion for the mission and work of the organization
- Passionate interest in mentoring others and working as a team
- Strong technology skills including Microsoft, Excel, accounting and CRM systems and willingness to learn as needed
- Health, Dental, Vision, DA, Life insurance
- Potential Flexible work schedule and/or hybrid available after training.
Submit your application now and join our team! Apply now!