5 TIPS FOR FINDING QUALITY JOBS IN HARRISBURG
In preparing your resume, consider the resume as your brochure. It is a marketing tool to present you to a potential employer, and you always want to make a great first impression. Act as if your career depends on it (it does!). Need feedback on your resume? Contact an Abel Personnel recruiter today!
- Use a single, easily read font; no smaller than 10 pt.
- Delineate sections with bold headers.
- Adjust margins to fit resume in 1-2 pages.
- Have a separate line for each company where you worked, including if the company was acquired or changed its name.
- List the role(s) held at each company in bold with a brief description to top accomplishments in each role.
- Use action verbs that best describe achievements in the role you mention.
- Tailor your accomplishments to align with the job you are apply for.
- Provide a simple reason for any employment gaps.
- Don’t list any employment that was less than three months unless it was a plus to the employment story, such as an internship.
- Check your grammar usage by utilizing tools such as Grammarly.
- Go through the dates-does the timeline of your work history make sense?
- Have a friend review your resume and provide feedback.