Job Title : System Support Engineer
Job Location : Harrisburg, PA
Pay range : $70000/year
Software Specialist – Linux
Harrisburg Company currently seeking to hire a Software Analyst to become an integral part of their team! Mon-Fri, Generous PTO, Health, Vision, Dental Benefits, 65-75K DOE Must have Linux, DB2 and SQL queries experience.
Responsibilities of Software Specialist
- Works independently and is the primary contact with development and IT services.
- Consults with management and staff regarding development, testing and installation problems or malfunctions and recommends solutions
- Responds where standard procedures have failed in isolating or fixing an issue
- Provides recommendations regarding hardware and systems software.
- Ensures data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Assists testing efforts by assuring system and data integrity prior to implementations.
- Maintains testing environment with up-to-date production database data as needed.
- Provide third tier client support as escalated from Helpdesk or IT Technicians
- Ensure that all requirements of audit are maintained and followed.
- Develops test plans and supporting test documentation
- Directs and assists with test case execution, verifying the video system software performs as required
- Assist in coordinating, preparing, and presenting video system software
- Performs system software upgrades to operating systems
- Assist with workstation and server administration setups.
- Monitors and tunes the video systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Develops and promotes standard operating procedures.
- Understanding of database backup/recovery procedures and develops backup scripts.
- Analyzes database performance statistics and performs required tuning activities to optimize database performance.
- Writes scripts, queries, and maintains operational menu items to assist operations in acquiring system information and database records.
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits to ensure compliance with established standards, policies and configuration guidelines.
- Develops and maintains system metrics for all host systems.
Requirements of Software Specialist
- A four year college degree in a technical field, preferably computer science.
- Current Linux certifications
- 3-5 years demonstrable experience, or 5-7 years demonstrable experience without a degree
- Essential special training requirements
- Strong understanding of the development cycle
- Strong Linux operating system experience
- Strong Windows operating system experience
- Working knowledge of DB2 and SQL queries
- Clearances Must pass a company initiated criminal history background check, must pass an FBI like background check
Submit your application now and join our team! Apply now!