Job Title : Telecommunications Infrastructure Subject Matter Expert (SME) 3 jobs in Harrisburg PA
Job Location : Harrisburg, PA
Pay range : $62.50
We are seeking a Telecommunications Infrastructure Plant Subject Matter Expert (SME) 3 to join our team supporting DHA Information Transport III.
Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic (NIWC Atlantic) delivers management, systems engineering, finance, logistics, and quality assurance services to Defense Health Agency (DHA) Infrastructure & operations and a triennial technical refresh of the Military Treatment Facilities (MTF) infrastructure at 130 Military Treatment Facilities worldwide.
This includes cable plant infrastructure, Local Area Network (LAN) electronics, Wireless LAN (WLAN) capability, and WLAN engineering services to DHA LAN / WLAN Deployment Section, and WLAN sustainment services to the DHA LAN / WLAN Sustainment Section.
Support also encompasses maintenance of the Department of Defense (DoD) Risk Management Framework – type accreditation for the DHA WLAN 2.0 type accreditation and for future DHA WLAN increments; support compliance with DoD and Military Health System (MHS) Information Assurance (IA) standards, maximize standardization, interchangeability, and commonality, and provide remote, on-call engineering support to deployed MHS WLAN systems.
The Client is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. “Technology moving at the speed of thought” embodies these principles – the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
- Running CAT 6 or 6a cable, installing/building/dressing new racks, re-configuring old racks, installing switches, installing/terminating fiber, and all associated equipment
- Accountable for identification of telephone, intercom, security systems and other related electronic infrastructure for business to ensure old cable can be removed without service interruptions to existing infrastructure
- Identifying various components of old LAN infrastructure and either upgrading or installing new components
- Design, install, test, document, and cutover high-functioning computer network connections including cabling, fiber, switching, wireless access points (internal and external), and power protection equipment
- Address and solve system network infrastructure weaknesses and break points to maximize bandwidth
- Work with customers to ensure maximum productivity for the install project while keeping existing infrastructure in place for daily business during the build
- Recognized expert who has demonstrated industry and public service leadership in LAN or Wireless LAN communications infrastructure or configuration.
- Twelve (12) years of hands-on experience implementing inside and outside plant systems supporting LAN and Wireless LAN communications systems
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) certification
- Experience with Microsoft Office Application including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location: Remote, Travel to multiple site locations
Type of environment: Office, Remote, Varies
Noise level: (Low, Medium, High)
Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday – Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
Amount of Travel: between 75%-100% Travel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job,
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear
- May require climbing, working at heights and in small, confined spaces such as under raised floors, inside closets and server racks.
- The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds.
- The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Citizenship – US Citizenship Required
Clearance requirement – Secret Clearance
Abel Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit your application now and join our team! Apply now!