Job Title : LAN-WLAN Subject Matter Expert
Job Location : Remote, PA
Pay range : $57.59/hour (DOE)
We are seeking a LAN – WLAN Subject Matter Expert (SME) 2 to join our team supporting DHA Information Transport III.
Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic (NIWC Atlantic) delivers management, systems engineering, finance, logistics, and quality assurance services to Defense Health Agency (DHA) Infrastructure & operations and a triennial technical refresh of the Military Treatment Facilities (MTF) infrastructure at 130 Military Treatment Facilities worldwide.
This includes cable plant infrastructure, Local Area Network (LAN) electronics, Wireless LAN (WLAN) capability, and WLAN engineering services to DHA LAN / WLAN Deployment Section, and WLAN sustainment services to the DHA LAN / WLAN Sustainment Section.
Support also encompasses maintenance of the Department of Defense (DoD) Risk Management Framework – type accreditation for the DHA WLAN 2.0 type accreditation and for future DHA WLAN increments; support compliance with DoD and Military Health System (MHS) Information Assurance (IA) standards, maximize standardization, interchangeability, and commonality, and provide remote, on-call engineering support to deployed MHS WLAN systems.
Our Client is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. “Technology moving at the speed of thought” embodies these principles – the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco, Aruba, Brocade (Extreme), or Juniper wireless infrastructure including Wireless Controllers and Access Points (AP’s)
- Configuration and troubleshooting of wired network devices such as firewalls, switches and routers from Aruba, Cisco, Brocade, and Juniper preferred.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of security and network access control platforms and technologies including Firewalls, RADIUS, TACACS+, and AAA.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of network services such as DNS and DHCP.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of network monitoring and management applications such as SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor, Cisco Prime, Cisco DNA Center and Syslog.
- Design and configuration of both physical and virtual test lab environments to be used for systems design, solutions/vendor comparison and validation.
- Create and/or update detailed documents and diagrams including Design Documents, Implementations Plans and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex network and application issues.
- Work both within a team and individually with minimal supervision.
- Ten (10) years of hands-on experience configuring IP LAN and/or 802.11 Wireless LAN Systems, to include three (3) of the following four (4) OEM: Cisco, Brocade (Extreme), Juniper, Aruba (Hewlett Packard)
- Recognized expert who has demonstrated industry and public service leadership in LAN or Wireless LAN communications infrastructure or configuration.
- 10 years of experience in enterprise network design and implementation.
- 10 years of experience supporting enterprise wired or wireless network environments.
- Significant experience with various switching principals including Spanning Tree, VLANs, 802.1q Trunking, and 802.3ad Link Aggregation.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the configuration and troubleshooting of wired and wireless network devices from Cisco, Aruba, Juniper, and Brocade OEM Solutions.
- Familiarity with AAA network services, solutions, or equivalent network access control applications.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Application including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
- Technical training in LAN or Wireless LAN communications
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location: Remote, Travel to multiple site locations
Type of environment: Office, Remote, Varies
Noise level: (Low, Medium, High)
Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday – Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
Amount of Travel: between 75%-100% Travel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- May require climbing, working at heights and in small, confined spaces such as under raised floors, inside closets and server racks.
- The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds.
- The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
- Citizenship – US Citizenship Required
- Clearance requirement – Secret Clearance
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Submit your application now and join our team! Apply now!